Parent Support Group
Objectives of HS PSG:
1. Promote the HOUGEAN Spirit (Making A Difference).
2. Inspire parents to be better role models for our children.
How can HS PSG support Hougang Secondary and Benefits of a HS PSG Member:
1. PSG to continue supporting the school’s activities - being a PSG member allow parents to volunteer in school programmes and projects in a structured and co-ordinated manner.
2. PSG to be that village or community where we can all learn from one another to help raise our kids together. Being a PSG member allow parents network and build relationship with other like-minded parents who come from diverse backgrounds and possess varied skills and experiences, all interested in serving the students and the school together for the benefit of the school, the children and the parents.
3. PSG to be the voice of the parents when it comes to giving feedback to the school on school policies matters. Being a PSG member allow parents to give feedback to the school in a constructive and structured manner.
HS PSG EXCO and Core Team at a glance:
|PSG Exco Team 2017|
Mr Alex Tham
|Vice Chairman |
Ms Cecilia Lim
| Honorary Treasurer |
Ms Yoon Chui San
|Father’s Wing Lead Mr Delvin Khong|
Sec 1 – Ms Nicole Tham
Sec 2 – Ms Sindy Seow
Sec 3 – Ms Becky Yeo
Sec 4 – Ms Yoon Chui San
Alumni - Ms Perssy Choo
PSG members are welcome to volunteer and contribute in various ways, depending on the parents’ availability, preference and interests, such as:
• Attending PSG meetings and contribute your time and talents (e.g. through arts & craft);
• Providing feedback and suggestions on parental involvement;
• Attending and supporting school functions and events as members of the PSG;
• Recruiting other parent volunteers to join the PSG;
• Offering professional and personal expertise to the PSG to help improve its processes; and
• Supporting and advocating the school’s mission, vision and directions.
…JOIN US TODAY…
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
You can reach us at: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: PSG@hougang secondary